for an event as unforgettable as your graduate.
Graduation announcements are not only a great way to share the exciting news of your senior's achievement; they are also the perfect way to set the tone for the event you are planning. There are several kinds of announcements and each serves a different purpose.
- Cards sent to family and friends announcing your senior's graduation and future plans
- Invitations sent to close family members to attend the commencement ceremony
- Announcements sent to friends and family inviting them to your senior's graduation party
The latter is by far the most popular and can be sent in the form of an invitation with an RSVP or as a save the date card. Save the date cards are ideal when informing out-of-town guests about the event and can be sent up to six weeks prior. This gives people enough time to make the necessary arrangements so they can share in your family's day.
Invitations and announcements can follow and should be sent three-four weeks in advance of your party's date. When putting the information together for your graduation invite, include the following details:
- Date, time and location
- Directions and maps
- RSVP (if applicable)
- Your contact information
To help you create a party that celebrates your senior's accomplishments and is truly unique, Prestige offers 16 customizable graduation announcements and six save the date cards. Plus, Prestige offers corresponding Class of 2011 envelope seals and return address labels. There's no better way to create the "wow factor" than by carrying your theme into all elements of the party.
Keep the following in mind:
- Formally address the envelope by hand – use titles like "Ms." or "Dr." and spell out words completely, rather than using abbreviations ("Street" rather than "St.")
- Write your return address on the envelope flap or use Prestige return address labels
- Save the addresses from the announcements for thank you cards